View Single Post
Old 11.11.2010, 07:03 AM   #3092
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Absolutely, I've beaten Streets of Rage 2 more than any game ever, I bet I've beaten it 150 time since I got it back in 1993. So, about 8 times a year since then.

My favorite thing to do is to activate the super hard mode (give myself 9 lives, though, because it gets HARD) with the cheat mode and go to level 7 and play that INSANE elevator level. It gets so ridiculous; the regular thugs have stars because they have so much life. Also, enemies/bosses show up (with weird colors; like, "why is that guy's skin green now?!") that never would have showd up if not in that mode.

All in all, I prefer Streets of Rage 3 in every way -- the music is way more awesome (despite being "abrasive".. it really exploited the Genesis sound chip for all it was worth, the songs were actually really really long and complex -- brilliant!); you gert to play as Shiva, Roo, and Ash in the Japanese version.. all the special moves, when you get the star and use a 6-button controller.. plus the weapons have special moves! Like you can do a special move with a sword when playing as Axel. So badass! Also, I love the elevator level on this one, too (elevator levels are always my favorite) cuz you can just throw EVERYONE off, haha.

I'd have to say I've beaten this game more than any other too. it was one of the few games on Genesis. and man. I never actaully did do the super hard mode.

as for SoR3 I never beat it. and yer able to unlock ROo in US version too I think.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|