View Single Post
Old 08.27.2012, 12:05 AM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I got tickets by a miracle to my second ever sonic show, and it have been eight years since my first by proxity sonic gig. it was pure magic. I had a theophany that night on the dance floor, and I met Lee during the opening band. then I got in trouble later here for spreading gossip on sonic gossip about Jim toking it with Thurston with a friend of mine. Jim politely PMd me to tell me his only vices were coffee and cigarettes and that my friend was mistaken. there was the barnsedale art park show.. that was cool. the sound was shitty so I had to wander around the field to find pockets of good sound. then my ex-wife found me, which was awkward to say the least, I hadn't seen her in two years at the time. she was trying to lure me to her house to have sex, but I'm not quite that stupid and the highlight of the night was ostensibly spurning her advances and burning her

we saw em at Jimmy Kimmel live, where we taunted and heckled Jimmy Kimmel until he looked visibly distressed. Sonic played a full kick-ass set from the Rather Ripped tour.. Every time the over-head crowd shot camera came by, me and my friend flipped it off obnoxiously or were smoking a joint obnoxiously. If you watch the show, you well NEVER see an overhead pan shot of the crowd, they were all edited out because of our hooliganism

I remember hiding from my friend at the Thurston Moore and WhiteOut gig at the Spaceland because he wanted to leave to smoke a hug rock of crack the size of J-Lo's wedding ring, and I wanted to catch AT least 45 minutes of that set so I kept moving around the floor hiding in corners and cuts until he finally found me and dragged me out like security

We tried to get into the free show at the Urban Outfitter store in Santa Monica. We even tried to convince Steve to get us in, and while he was cool enough to chat with us for over 20 minutes before the show and he remembered me from the Filter Magazine party secret show in Korea town warehouse where we talked about the Dead with Lee, he said he didn't want to diss the promoters by getting us in. So we flirted with the chick with the clipboard at the door and she let us in, but after three songs the dickhead doorguy from the front who kicked us out the first time saw us, and dragged us out. When Steve saw us at the end he asked, "Did y'all sneak in?" We said, "Yeah for three songs!" too which he gave us a huge smile and massive high five! Fuck yeah Steve!!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|