View Single Post
Old 08.26.2012, 07:30 PM   #6
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
1990, First Avenue MPLS. Everyone I knew was there. For most of us (being late teens), it was the first time seeing them. Specific song memories are sketchy as I was definitely not of clear head/mind, but it was heavily DDN/Goo oriented (Goo tour) and I was suitably mindblown. I do remember Kim walking right past me and feeling very intimidated by her. I didn't say hi. Too scared.

I saw them a few times after that, but the only other memory is that of being totally mortified on the Murray Street tour. I got to live the dream of opening for them, but the band I was in at the time was in its lamest phase (went through four phases, three of them really quite good) and though we could have presented a set that would have been awesome and more appropriate for the slot, we played material the album we had just released, which would have been better for an opening slot for the Brian Jonestown Massacre or something. We all now agree it was our worst album and one of the biggest blunders we ever made. I walked offstage more embarrassed than elated. Could have been one of the most triumphant experiences of my life. We were certainly capable. They were still super nice to us, even though I am sure they were not into our set in the least.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|