View Single Post
Old 08.26.2012, 10:42 AM   #4
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Me first Sonic Youth live experience was in 2000 at the Shepard´s Bush Empire. Bloody great. Opened with Teenage Riot. Also played Sunday.
I saw the Daydream Nation show three times, twice in Glasgow and then in London. The London performance probably my second all time favourite show.
Best show - Manchester Academy 2002. Opened with Bull in the Heather. One of the best moments of my life. Was at the show on me tod but ended up chatting to plenty of folks, Mancunians are a right friendly bunch no denying that.
Other fond memories - La Villete Jazz festival in Paris where they played a long improvised piece with Jean-Marc Montera, Mats Gustafsson and Michael Doneda. They also did a straight up song set opening with the Sprawl and World Looks Red. Pete Brotzmann was the opener, Hans Bennink was supposed to play with him but never made it.
Saw Mirror/Dash and Dream Aktion Unit in Stirling at the Tollbooth. Incredible. Got me Mirror/Dashed 7" signed by Kim and Thurston.
Saw Text of Light in Dundee, another of my favourite live shows ever.
Christ, enough boasting.