View Single Post
Old 08.25.2012, 07:45 PM   #1
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
it's been ten years since my first Sonic Youth show, I wish I could remember it better

the opening acts were Erase Errata who kicked ass, then Kim came out with them in this hoods and played a short set as Anxious Rats, that was a nice treat

Mary Timony was mystical, coming off the Golden Dove material, enjoyed that immensely

when SY took the stage, about two songs in during Kissability, nearly got knocked over by this guy that was just super excited, getting Brother James as the 2nd encore

my worst experience was Montreal 2004, had this asshole security guard get all pissy at me for taking pics, so I couldn't get any shots of SY, then later during SY's got kicked in the head by a crowd surfer, and some mohawk guy jumped onto stage and tried to grab Kim, so that was Security's priority i guess, SY never played a club show in Montreal again, coincidence? would not have gone to the show if it wasn't for the fact Les Georges Leningrad opened, and they were the best thing the whole night

best? hands down Brooklyn 2011, the set list, triple encore, INHUMAN?!?, STARFIELD ROAD?!?!?! the friends, SY was super sharp as well, Kurt Vile was amazing, and Wild Flag were stupendous, they raised the bar, Thurston I recall stayed on the side of the stage the whole set, mesmerized, in the past I hadn't notice him that transfixed by opening acts, very rarely, if that is the last SY show I see from them, then it's a great way to go out
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|