View Single Post
Old 08.01.2009, 11:38 AM   #30
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
super early? doors at 7... awesome color at 8...played for half an hour (which is about all an opener should play for)... sonic on at 9-ish? i think they were scheduled to play 9 til 11... (which seems standard for most 'club' shows on this tour, i think?)

I think it is a "theater" thing or possibly an all ages thing. At clubs the doors usually open at 8ish, openers start at around 9:30ish and main acts start at about 10:30ish.

I'm looking at my ticket stub and it says 8PM. That is when I assumed the doors opened... not the show starting. Fucking weird... but I had a good time anyway despite almost missing it completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
That's so kids under 21 can see Sonic Youth. Something Sonic Youth and 99.9% of their fans are rather in favor of...

I grew up in the Washington D.C. area where all shows are all ages. They just put a stamp on the under aged kids. Problem solved! Strange liquor laws the Pacific Northwest has for supposedly being the "final frontier".

Next time I hope SY come to real venues when they pass this area of the country... not the fucking Block Party (couldn't hardly see the band from the "drink pit") and not the Roseland theater (Metal detectors, frisk on entry, no bar on stage level, main act starts at 9PM, AC broken).
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|