View Single Post
Old 12.09.2018, 09:48 AM   #805
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Yeah, guitar rock is hard to fuck with when nobody’s doing it worth a shit in any new or inventive ways.

Electronic music is shitfucktons of fun though, and when it overlaps with hip-hop, that’s good stuff. Also when hip-hop overlaps with rock, like on Kids See Ghosts and Young Fathers’ “Cocoa Sugar” (which you REALLY should listen to if you haven’t, because holy fuuuuuck)... that’s exciting.

But looking at my albums of the year from the past decade, we have exactly ONE rock-type album and that’s Swans’ “The Seer” from 2012. Everything else has been hip-hop or electronic (except maybe 2011... might have put Women at the top that year... not sure. Subject to constant change anyway).

LISTEN TO YOUNG FATHERS

Woah.. okay, I will. But when are you gonna hear the Saba album, "CARE FOR ME"?

I read a recent interview with Raekwon where he says that most popular music today is just straight party, party, party shit and what music misses the most compared to the old days is the diversity. I thought he pretty much nailed it. He also threw shade at Drake by saying that the radio plays the same fucking guy over and over again.

I am annoyed by mainstream hip hop as well. Everyone is overtly happy all the time. It's the same facade you can find on social media. I miss the griminess, the realism. Perfection is just boring.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|