View Single Post
Old 12.09.2018, 09:17 AM   #803
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
I'm the opposite.. as time goes on, I find it more and more difficult to enjoy non hip hop, even bands I admired like Dinosaur Jr and the likes. Been listening to tons of Mobb Deep.

Honestly I just got used to say "Jigga" wherever there is an N word.

Yeah, guitar rock is hard to fuck with when nobody’s doing it worth a shit in any new or inventive ways.

Electronic music is shitfucktons of fun though, and when it overlaps with hip-hop, that’s good stuff. Also when hip-hop overlaps with rock, like on Kids See Ghosts and Young Fathers’ “Cocoa Sugar” (which you REALLY should listen to if you haven’t, because holy fuuuuuck)... that’s exciting.

But looking at my albums of the year from the past decade, we have exactly ONE rock-type album and that’s Swans’ “The Seer” from 2012. Everything else has been hip-hop or electronic (except maybe 2011... might have put Women at the top that year... not sure. Subject to constant change anyway).

LISTEN TO YOUNG FATHERS
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|