View Single Post
Old 05.27.2010, 02:58 AM   #9
sizzlemeat
empty page

sizzlemeat has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
YES the police profile, and it's fucked up and gross, but when the law passes they need to ask any and everybody they stop about there citizinship status. If they pull someone over who's white, black, asian, hispanic, native, whatever, and don't ask about the citizinship of whoever is in the vehicle, then the person who was stopped has perfect grounds for a winnable lawsuit. It's in the bill. Profiling happens everyday and everywhere, there's NO denying it. The point I'm trying to make is that just about every state along the northern and southern borders have laws against illegal border crossing, and I'm sure use profiling to pull off some of their stings or whatever. Why not just boycott all of these states? Why not just get rid of the borders all together? I'm not against the idea and I'm not supporting the bill, I am however clearing up the idea that people seem to have which is that everyone in the state needs to carry a passport, and that racial turmoil is rampant, and Rodney King beatings are happening on every corner. And it's a completely false image. That's why I say "life hasn't changed" because as of now that seems to be what everyone thinks is currently happening in AZ. I empathize and totally support both forms of immigrants who live here and think the law is BS, but as I've said it's being blown out of proportian. ICE has even come forward saying that they refuse to deport any illigal aliens out of AZ! SO why go on with all of this boycott crap when the end result of the law passing will probably be minute at best.

It's an election year and everybody has an agenda. Latinos are going to far outnumber every other race in america in the coming years, and crapping all over AZ because of this law is the perfect opportunity for politicians to woo their future voters. To hell with the citizens legal and illegal who are going to be negatively effected who oppose SB-17 but don't have the means to move.
sizzlemeat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|