View Single Post
Old 05.26.2010, 09:50 PM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlemeat
No disrespect at all man, but the law was ONLY pushed by a desperate crappy governor who needed to look in control because it's an election year, and what better way to get props where drug cartels and illegal border crossing is rampant than to pass a law that seems to take care of the issue. I'm not disagreeing with you, the law itself is racist and does offend me, but as I said it's nothing other than a new play on words for laws that have been in act for YEARS and therefor my life hasn't changed for better or worse. Whether the law was passed or not, corrupt cops would do what they want to do, but the thing about this bill is that it actually has law enforcement scared shitless because there are a number of new ways in which they are now more suseptable to lawsuits and a couple of county Sherrifs (obviously not Arpaio) have come out in opposition to the law as well because it will only hurt law enforcement in the end.

I say this because the image people seem to have in their heads is that the current state of Arizona is just like Alambama in 1962 or something and it's not the case. When my friend got pulled over he went on to me on how the cop was practically kissing his ass and being over polite, to ensure that he wasn't stopped for any other reason than that he was speeding 16 miles over the speed limit.

perhaps you don't understand how it works. let me give you an example of police profiling. here in LA, we also have a problem with drug cartels and especially gang violence in connection, and there is rampant profiling by the sheriff and police. When I was a youth, it was a constant daily routine. then I grew dread and forgot about it until last year when I cut my hair, and BAM, back into profiling.

The police roll on EVERY thing walking with a bald head, period. and they don't ask politely either. they put you in hand cuffs, throw you in the car, talk a lot of shit, then find out your clean and let you go. soon as I bought a ball cap (which I think actually makes me look more gangster) the heat died back.

if the police on the daily patrol now can stop people simply for looking like an immigrant, then they will be rolling ALL kinds of people all day. profiling is fucked up. fuck that.

let the feds take care of that shit. if AZ wants to pay for a bunch of extra ICE agents to patrol the streets, fine, let it be, but don't give the fucked up police departments and local outback nazi law enforcement the authority and green light to indiscriminately discriminate against anyone who is not white.

and further, the governor is not acting alone, the governor is supported by a whole coalition of racist, ignorant and backwards mother fuckers from Arizona who agree with that law.

sorry bro, either support the youth or support the law, but don't bicker about such simple and straight forward shit.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|