View Single Post
Old 05.26.2010, 08:50 PM   #1
sizzlemeat
empty page

sizzlemeat has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
You aren't punishing anybody but your fans! Seriously, how much income do you think you bring to the state with a single concert anyway? You aren't exactly Rage Against the Machine in terms of ticket sales. Jesus! Me and my friends were looking forward to seeing you so much! Me especially since I missed your last concert here. Oh well. Not that I support the bill or anything. I want it gone as much as the next person but not for a lot of the completely bogus nonesense that's being tossed around about it. Have you ever READ the bill? Because so far just about everyone who's called for a boycott has publicly admitted to having not read what's in the document. The biggest douche bag is Ed Reyes of LA, here he is:

"Los Angeles the second-largest city in this country, an immigrant city, an international city. It needs to have its voice heard. As an American, I cannot go to Arizona today without a passport. If I come across an officer who's having a bad day and feels that the picture on my ID is not me, I can be … deported, no questions asked. That is not American.''

Not only is it "not American" it's also 100% false. As an american, a HISPANIC AMERICAN NO!! YOU WILL NOT BE STOPPED OR HASSLED OR DEPORTED!!! I cannot believe people are cottoning onto this overblown bullshit so much. How do you deport an american citizine? The very idea is 100% ridiculous. As a hispanic person I assure you. I walk to school everyday at ASU. I walk home. I drive my car, I pull up next to cops at stop lights, I go to the grocery store, I'm living my life and NOTHING HAS CHANGED FOR ME! People keep saying this bill is anti-immigration and that's wrong. It's anti ILLEGAL immigration and it's basically nothing other than a different play on words for laws that are already and have been in action in this state for YEARS. It's funny that LA would come out with such a steaming load of BS since Los Angeles has equally if not harsher ways of dealing with ILLEGAL immigrants than Arizona does.

Also who does boycotting hurt? The business industry which in Arizona employs a vast number on legal and illegal immigrants. And what happens when business takes at hit? They let people go. If any of these boycotts are a success one end result is going to be thousands of legal and illegal immigrants alike finding themselves without a job. I don't even know how this hype started! YES the birther bill is VERY embarrassing and a total tarnish to the image of Arizona, and this bill passing right afterward probably made the intentions seem that they'd be evident, but believe me, nothing has changed for me and I'm hispanic, and I love Sonic Youth and now I can't see them and it's bullshit. This isn't coming from a political view, I'm not a republican, or anything. Just a Sonic Youth fan living in Arizona, and actually knows what's up.
sizzlemeat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|