View Single Post
Old 10.01.2011, 01:52 AM   #16
flashlight69
bad moon rising

flashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
What other US group has was as good for as long?!?! WTF? They were so inconsistent!! I mean, obviously Murmer was great, but I don't think they ever released two better-than-average records in a row.

Even their '80s shit gets on my nerves after a while. All that goddamn chanting- where did they get off chanting so much?! How can any band sound so samey for so long and still be considered dynamic or inventive?

Automatic for the People- I know it's a favorite, but that album is awful. I couldn't listen to it from beginning to end if I was being paid.

Monster was refreshing, and actually showed the band doing something different... but it was a bomb, and people consider it their worst. Baffling.

Then New Adventures comes out and it's fucking incredible for some reason, somehow. I don't know why. Even "Electrolite" with its "nightswimming"-esque sound is incredible. Totally out of nowhere home-run.

So then they were good, right? Yeah, they were good for the literal timespan of NAIHF. Then comes Up, and I'm like "... ... really???

Their last few records aren't even worth mentioning. Two great albums, a few ok-to-good ones, and a buttload of shit ones. That's REM.

you are a very primitive person or ?
flashlight69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|