View Single Post
Old 05.14.2006, 06:37 PM   #26
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
this thread was more exciting than the new mixtape. they set a precedent for solid gold mixtapes with the first 3, especially the third, and the last 2 have been kinda weak (and by 'weak' i refer only to the collection of songs in terms of a 'rare/unreleased' vs 'readily available' sense, not the quality of the songs themselves---i'd just rather hear the rumored unearthed demos of 'blues blur' and 'kat n hat' than tracks on records i already own). i see this one in particular as being very promotional, heavily representing the new LP and the recent reissues, which is awesome (and all great fuckin tunes, 'reena'! 'cherry'! 'destroyer'! 'g-force'! 'incinerate'! 'rapture'! -- hot shit, but nothing i don't already own. plus, the album is streaming in its entirety!

so, uh, my verdict -- great songs, but a letdown as a 'collection of grab bag sy tunes generously offered for free every 6 months'.

and shit -- 1, 2, and 3 were a hotbed of sick unreleased sonic slash, and it's unfortunate they don't archive them. and i know people know how to save em, and do trade em, and -- well, all i can say is, when there's an explicit disclaimer from the site's maintainer (also speaking for the band) specifically requesting not to openly trade the retired mixtapes, even though i'm sure you mean well (it IS amazing stuff, for the most part), bottom line is -- do what you're gonna do, but don't deny that you're being a douchebag and deliberately ignoring one of the very few limitations imposed on this site by the people who created the music.
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|