View Single Post
Old 11.18.2014, 08:53 PM   #1378
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
8 Diagrams may be my least favorite full crew Wu record, but it is definitely a killer album. I recently repurchased the CD version, and I too noticed how shitty the cover art looked... Bootlegish to be sure.

I have to say, though, that I almost can't bear to listen to Heart Gently Weeps. It just doesn't work for me, and those choruses sound splayed, unfocused, out of tune and sloppy. I'm sorry... I'm sorry... But that was just a huge disappointment for me.

"Wolves" is also an oddity for sure, but it goes over much better, and I enjoy it a great deal more than I do the Cringe-worthy "Heart Gently Weeps" experiment, which is probably my least favorite Wu album track ever.

I know that's cold, but man... that song is a mess, in spite of all the talented individuals who contributed to it.

But 8 Diagrams was still one of my favorite albums of '07, which was a great year for music, ruled mostly by Deerhunter's Cryptograms.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|