View Single Post
Old 12.07.2009, 03:00 PM   #4
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Skuj, maybe you (and I) are just growing older with the sonic youth, but there is no way that their output currently defeats the 80's output. confusion is Sex kills everything they have done this decade. Having said that, it still amazes me how sonic uyouth continue to put out collections of songs that are well worth the purchase and the time to listen and get to know them.

NYCG&F I find a hit or miss collection of half finished trying-too-hard-to-be-artsy tunes. the songs I love on it I really REALLY LOVE though.

Murray Street is a fine album but to me gets a bit duller, a bit more bland, every time i hear it. Sounds like Sonic Youth writing songs in a recliner in their big ass house with delicious food and drink handy and not much to actually engage their RAWK souls.

Sonic Nurse I LOVE. I love it from the first to the last. I think it is their best album this decade (eternal is catching up as I listen to it more and more), has the most energizing songs, and the best cover art. I Love You Golden Blue is their most heartbreakingly beautiful song in years. New Hampshire rules too.

Rather Ripped I like a lot too. I know it is not in line with my love of the harsh noise like BMR and CIS but I think, for what it is, a collection of SONGS, it is very good. I like Incinerate more and more, and only has one outright stinker (Sleeping Around.)

The Eternal I loved from the get-go, and it is still growing on me more and more.