View Single Post
Old 06.27.2007, 09:13 PM   #39
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
hmm...

wow, i've never met anyone who DIDN'T know who mcluksy was. i'm a fan, but even i admit that they were hugely inconsistent. each of their albums has many bad songs on them with do dallas being the one with the least amount of bad songs. they coulda been so much better, loved "the difference..." because it was so fucking dark. jesus. good band though.

ikara cult were also pretty big but relatively obscure nowadays; i was also a fan from the beginning. surprisingly good. i read about them in every magazine known to man, and apparently they were huge in england for a while. chat and business was released on epitaph afterall. anyway, really really good band, wish they had continued on, i hated the little ep they did and hated half of modern apprentice.. but damn if chat and business wasn't the jam of the year. "wE PLEAD AGAINST STATE THEN DO IT. WE HEED AGAINST STAGE THEN DO IT." great great band. i noticed that 1) none of their parts ever go on for a very long time, they're one of the most excited insane bands ever as far as just rushing through every song goes and 2) almost every song starts with a snare hit. great band. love the guitarist too. she was hot and she played really simply, catchy, sometimes surfy lines. i read in a magazine that her guitar hero was thurston moore. nice.

also, q and not u are definitely not obscure, though they definitely are the most inconsistent band i've heard recently (more so than mclusky). LOVE no kill no beep beep everything after that just was kinda there. no kill no beep beep was just an amazing amazing record, like fugazi but better. addicting record. i saw this band live with racebannon and their fans clapped to every drum beat. "hooray for humans" is on every mix tape i've ever made.

allergic to whores i saw live a while back. they're pretty cool.

black eyes.. i think they had some really good songs, i loved the some boys single with "Shut up i never". they reminded me of girls against boys raping fugazi with the blood brothers yelling in the next room. i HATED the album with the saxaphone though. what was it called? cough or something? it sucked.

as for refused, i actually remember seeing their video on mtv, which is strange, considering it was mtv.. not mtv2.. and it was during some special about rock.. like, rock videos all day.. they showed chevelle - mia, then they showed refused - new noise.. i remember thinking, "what is this? aphex twin?" because of the beginning of the video/song, and then all of a sudden some cracked out dude comes on "CAN I SCREAM? YEAH!" and i was like, "holy shit, this is amazing!" never saw the video ever again on tv, but i bought the cd the next day and loved it.

and finally, the blood brothers are awful. always have been, always will be.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|