View Single Post
Old 02.01.2014, 04:05 PM   #54
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I have a friend who's really into the kind of rap that might as well be indie rock (Why?, Cloud Dead, and other Anticon white boys; BLU, Has Lo, whom I've never heard, etc) Anyway, he forced a Mellow Music Group comp on me and I bought it out of guilt.

The label has been affiliated with some great artists, like Black Milk, and I've been meaning to check out Has Lo for some time, so I'm not pre-judging the album... I just hate how this guy always rolls his eyes when I mention any mainstream hip hop artist. Then he hands me all this alt. shit, much of which I already know, and acts like he's helping me get of of heroin. Push all that Jay-Z and Wu-Tang out of that system! There, now you're "growing up!"

Pish. It wasn't until I grew up that I realized music was good if it sounded good, and that I'd rather listen to misogynistic lyrics in songs I absolutely love than pretend I hate them just to prevent people from thinking I'm a misogynist myself.

Anyway, here's the cover:

Why aren't there more hip hop fans out there, and less "type a but never type B" fans, who only like Stones Throw, or only like Compton-based lyrical street shit and hate the weird stuff.

I love at least someting from every era and every form hip hop has taken over the past thirty years. So do a lot of you folks, which I appreciate. But most of my real life hip hop conversations go to shit in an instant
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|