View Single Post
Old 02.22.2017, 12:39 PM   #234
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
People overrate Chris Brown's talent. All those dancing moves got them tripping about his actual singing ability. His voice is annoying and he can't hit the notes like he used to back when he was 16. And even back then, he was no more than a glorified MJ impersonator act. The best song of his career, "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" could maybe qualify as a bottom tier MJ song.

As far as I recall, his last few successful radio hits ("Look at Me Now", "Loyal", "Ayo" and "Party") were all just generic mainstream hip hop.

Correction: best song of Chris Brown's godforsaken career is "Waves."
I love that song, but I can't believe he was chosen for it over ... Jesus... Frank? Miguel? (Miguel would have been nice) ... Pretty much ANYONE other than Chris fucking Brown?

Fuck him. He's nothing. When you do that kind of shit over and over, you go into the Dr. Dre pile of irredeemable abusive fuckwits.

I guess I can give John Lennon a pass, because he was so publicly apologetic about it, and wrote an apology song to Cynthia ("Jealous Guy"). And he never hit Yoko, and became something of a rehabilitated man. But still... Cynthia wrote in her biography that even after the public and personal apologies, she still just totally fucking hated him. Died wishing she'd never met the man. It's important to remember that even the repentant domestic abusers still majorly fucked people's lives up with their actions. "Jealous Guy" is a great song, but a shitty limp-dicked apology, and Cynthia was right not to accept it.

I wish Rihanna hadn't "forgiven" Chris for his bullshit, and gone on to collaborate with him repeatedly in the future. That guy's career should have been over years ago. Fucking little bitch.

Not that a celebrity boxing match was a productive way to solve the problem.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|