View Single Post
Old 08.12.2019, 08:25 AM   #5715
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
ROB:

Nice review (apart from some weird punctuation, but my brain is trained for AP at this point so whatever).

I’m SO GLAD you’re enjoying it, and you’re really honing in on what makes (made ) Wolfe such an effective writer — his ability to such the reader in and create an experience that mimics that of actual life through the profession of the story. Kind of meta-narrative. Love it.

Haven’t read your Claw review yet, but will. Just saw Sword of the Lictor. Glad you’re seeing this through!

If you finish the four main books, you’ll only be the second person I “know” to have done so.

(BOT Long Sun is an *excellent* but utterly different semi-sequel if you crave more when your done with BOT New Sun)

Yes indeed. As you originally stated, the BOTNS is like a mindworm, and once it is in your head, it seems as real, if not more real, than the day to day around me. cool. stuff.