Thread: cassettes
View Single Post
Old 11.05.2007, 01:01 PM   #42
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
What bullshit? That people have a preference for one format over another? How is that bullshit?

I can't believe I'm even taking the bait, but go ahead, reel me in.

And I can't believe I'm writing this reply, because most of you have proven highly unreasonable in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
there's people who would love it if we all thought alike and liked the same things.

And I hardly think that max needs to be compared with a fascist, Everyneurotic, simply because he writes credible, known facts about vinyl degradation and the associated storage issues.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...37&postcount=7
Why do so many seem to have such a stong aversion to objective information? It's simple physics. Diamonds are harder than vinyl. Be sure to factor in the heat too of that diamond needle rubbing against the groove at a high rate of revolutions per minute. Which points to the whole reason industrial diamond tips are used on the stylus. Any other material would quickly melt from the heat and require constant replacements.
Case in point: As everyone knows, if you accidentally bump the record arm with even the slightest force you get a scratch on the record. Well, the same thing happens to the groove, albeit to a much lesser extent, every single time you play the record. With use over time, the dynamic sound of the record album becomes compromised as a result of the wear.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|