View Single Post
Old 09.29.2015, 11:36 AM   #53
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I think what made SY great was that each band member brought something different and so any song idea was cycled through all four sensibilities several times until the song became something altogether new, something that only "Sonic Youth" could create. That is why I have always felt a bit "meh" about Psychic Hearts. It needed MUCH more input and work from Lee and Kim and the songs ended up very one-note, simple idea but nothing clever to make that simple idea stand out kind of thing.

There are some good tunes on EJSTNS but nothing worth me spinning that LP.
Agree all other but not your EJSTNS-opinion (I used to think same way few years after it´s release but now I am thinking it very enjoyable SY-R´N`R-record, I think it should not be taken as serious as other sy-records). In some interview about Psychic Hearts Thurston told how he has brought some of his songs into SY-rehearsals and others twisted them almost unidentifying. But I have a feeling of all Thurston solo material that he should arrange them much more. They´re all ok, but they´re really not just as great as SY-material. I think Lee´s solos have been closest SY material maybe just because Lee seems to arrange them carefully.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|