Thread: Sleater-Kinney
View Single Post
Old 04.21.2006, 04:28 PM   #22
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedcola
Yea I really liked their last record The Woods. It was fucking incredible, a masterpiece. Loved the way the guitars were all warped and distorted on the record.

Yeah. The Woods may have been my favorite album of 2005. Big, raunchy guitars. Passionate vocal performances. Terrific drumming. Infectious melodies that you can't get out of your head. Excellent production. And "Let's Call it Love" just oozes sexuality. Good times.

I guess I can understand the hate for Corin's vocals, but I've never had a problem with them. In fact, I enjoy her singing quite a bit. I even like Heavens To Betsy, the band Corin was in before S-K. And yeah, up until The Woods they were very pop-rock/punk, but there's nothing wrong with that. They're good songwriters with catchy tunes and good performers. They aren't the best or most revolutionary band in the world, but I find them to be one of the more compelling "rock" acts around.

And I don't see how they play up the gender issue.