View Single Post
Old 05.06.2008, 12:32 PM   #21
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
"...the decision to drop Lee’s “Genetic” from “Dirty” resulted in a tense inter-band showdown, the biggest internal crisis of their career (according to Thurston)."

I remember hearing about this before, actually. In fact, there was some speculation that a clause was introduced limiting the amount of Lee songs that could be contributed to a Sonic Youth LP. Probably exaggeration, but will be interested to read more about this.

I haven't heard about any such clause about how many songs Lee can contribute. But I know Lee had a big problem with them not including Genetic on Dirty. If I remember correctly, in the Confusion Is Next book, it's stated that Lee almost left the band over this. I guess they got in a huge argument about it, and it almost destoyed the group. Crazy.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|