View Single Post
Old 07.25.2013, 12:08 PM   #3480
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

WTF is wrong with mexico. i suspect there will be lynchings.

if i were mexican, i'd be calling for de la torre's head. first the confederations cup and now this. i'm guessing he's getting fired.

Told y'all, though you got to be careful calling for heads, after Brazil folks take that shit too seriously

Of course, this dude from ESPN seems a bit over-eager to declare Mexico truly down for the count. I think they'll still probably even qualify for the WC, its just very very clear by looking at their play over the past 6-8 months that its not just a fluke, this team is seriously declining. Is it a precipitous fall? Maybe not yet. However, Panama has very clearly exhibited the kink in El Tri's armor. Most folks though after 2011 that Mexico would be the darling to rise from CONCACAF towards proven international success, especially after the Olympic Gold, shit, even I thought that. Then they seemed to peak, and you could see subtle signs of decline, even in wins. They essentially have lost their defense, they still manage to get a lot of strikes and on-goal kicks but they just can't stop other teams from scoring when it counts. The US finally abandoning the stylistic bad habits from CONCACAF is paying dividends which should frighten teams like Mexico, because if US can keep playing like this, its them and not Mexico that may start looming bigger on the international scene. NO Americas team is playing with that kind of precision, ball-movement, and aggressive offense WHILE maintaining the same rigid defense. CONCACAF teams are largely defensive oriented teams, US has always been able to stay in games on their defense, now they have some added offensive prowess..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|