Thread: how's your pet?
View Single Post
Old 10.26.2017, 09:42 AM   #46
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Also, my cat — the older one, proverbial Robin to my Batman, with whom I share this insane bond — has been exhibiting some other inexplicable and troubling behavior lately.

For instance, he has taken to lying on my old dog’s little “bed,” and when I’m not in the room I will hear him occasionally HOWL. Just, like, out of nowhere, he shrieks like he’s being attacked, usually while he’s sleeping. First I thought it was the younger cat attacking him (she loves to do that), but it wasn’t, and anyway when she bops him it’s light and fun, and he just trots off or baps her back... he doesn’t SCREAM.
Then I thought “maybe a tick? Maybe a spider?” But I checked him whenever it happened and found nothing but some tenderness in his back legs that caused him to pull away when I touched it.
Then I became convinced that there was broken glass on the tile in the room. I swept and vacuumed and swept and vacuumed and mopped and swept and vacuumed... nothing. No sign of glass in his feet or legs either. Been over every inch of him.

Nope. It’s like he’s getting his tail stepped on by nobody while he’s sleeping. HOWWWAAAHH!!! Then I *race* to his side and he just looks up at me with this mild “What?” look on his face.

So that is happening too. Could he be having night terrors? Tender legs just getting really painful?

Lingering effects from his mood stabilizer poisoning? That made him howl too (at walls... he was literally, observably hallucinating, according to the vet. Like the worst acid trip ever) but that was more than 2 years ago now.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|