View Single Post
Old 06.26.2008, 04:31 PM   #122
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Here's some stuff I'm working on or have ideas for my music in the future:

- An album with 1000 guitar tracks on every song.

- An album of organ melodies that are recorded to computer # 1... then another computer # 2 records the sound of the organ melodies coming out of speakers of computer # 1... then, computer # 2 records the recording... and back and forth... It's like that "I'm sitting in a room and this is the sound of my voice" experiment, wherein new echoes and frequencies will develop from recording the sounds from different sources (or perhaps in different rooms) continuously.

- Me and my bandmate Booe recorded an acoustic guitar/trombone 10 minute song last summer while fucked up on codeine. Going through his old computer, we recently found it, and we listened, and man... we have gotten so much better at our instruments since then... still, it's a really creepy, hissy recording.. very quiet and minimal and lonely... it's good shit. So, we recorded another 10 minute song. The plan is to record a new 10 minute song once every summer, for 8 years, then release it (overburning alert) as an 80:00 minute cd... it'll be interesting... because every track is just trombone and guitar.. you can see our techniques developing and see how we approach this improv/minimalism over the course of 8 years...

- Speaking on that theme, an idea I have that I haven't explored yet is to make electronic songs.. no effects used whatsoever, and only 5 different samples (a couple drum sounds, a bass synth, and a regular synth). The idea is to do a different drug and then give myself an hour to record a song with only those 5 samples/sounds... to, again, see how wildly different the results could be, which could partially be influenced by the drug I'm taking. This idea is more aesthetically pleasing than something I think will actually be of quality, but it'll allow me to think about things differently.

- Another album I want to do of organ melodies, encoded in the lowest bitrate possible, copied to tape, then re-ripped to computer, back and forth, back and forth, until it's the 10th time I've recorded over the same melodies on the same tape.. you can hear the tape breaking up and the ghost sounds of the old organ recordings, since the syncing will be off... then finally when the sound is about to break, I'll put it back on the computer.. it'll all be one big track, and I'll keep pasting the sound of the tape to the track, until the last minutes of the track will be from the 10th time I've recorded onto the same. So, you'll hear the sound disintegrating -- yes, like William Basinski's "disintegration loops".

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|