View Single Post
Old 11.14.2016, 06:39 PM   #23
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
just got back from Comic Con. I only ended up picking up two comics but they were both pretty big for me...

I got to meet Steve Lavigne and he was really excited about doing a Batman/Ninja Turtles Adventures cover. I was mixed on this series but he was talking about how he loved Batman Adventures (me too!) so I was convinced to pick up this alternate cover version he did and got his autograph.

Deadpool was huge for me as a kid. So the chance to meet Rob Liefeld was super exciting. So likewise, I got this alternate cover of vol. 5 #1 that he did autographed.

Cool about Liefeld.
I guess in my mind he's always been a bit of a ... how to put it... uhh.. well, let's just say I think Deadpool became what he is today as a result of the efforts of numerous writers. When he was created, he was just cool suit. A Deathstroke ripoff with no personality. A response to Image pushing comics into more violent territory in the '90s.

But he's become a cherished and beloved character of mine, and I loved the movie, and I love where the character exists now in the world of comics.

Ps. Did you hear the director backed out of Deadpool 2? That always makes me nervous. Especially with all the shit Wade's been through in the journey from page to screen. But apparently #3 already has the green light, so they must be confident.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|