View Single Post
Old 04.04.2006, 07:07 PM   #37
soapbars
the destroyed room

soapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
I have a Jagmaster II which is the current edition that the Squire line is making/selling (btw, Squire is made by Fender, they are seperate but not necessarily in all ways) its pretty decent for the price, better than almost any other squire model out there, though because i use the tremelo it will fall out of tune more readily however it sounds good, not terribly thin like alot of squires, the humbuckers give it some bite... the hardware is not like actual fenders but is a step up on most other squires, i bought it because i wanted a second guitar as a backup to my fender tele custom and one where i wouldn't worry about it if i thrashed it and trashed it... though the frets are abit soft, the wood chips abit more easily but its added character. If you can, try to attempt to find an original Vista Series Jagmaster (the 1st ones, from teh 90's) they were made in Japan using leftover Jaguar/Jagmaster parts when those guitars were reissued in the 90's, and are of the highest quality of all the jagmasters they are roughly about $100 more than the Jagmaster II but supposedly worth it, if i knew this before i would've searched out a Vista Series... anyways whatever you do avoid the Jagmaster I which i've read a ton of horror stories about.

this is solid information about jagmasters, if you can find a vista get it, otherwise try it out and see what you think, i didnt like the feel of the newer jagmasters but im not sure if what ive played was an I or an II,

im not a fan of squires generally but i am a fan of budget guitars, fenders are among the best high quality guitars available but ive never really though squires were among the best of cheaper guitars, so look around youre likely to find a better guitar for cheaper.

i pretty much exclusively play stagg guitars which i often prefer to fenders and everything else, they are fucking cheap which was the main reason i started buying them, my jazzmaster was taking a good amount of damage from gigs so i bought a guitar (the m-350 or something like that i think) i could gig with instead to protect my jazzmaster,

ill post some pics of my guitars in a bit,
soapbars is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|