View Single Post
Old 07.20.2015, 06:39 AM   #47094
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Or, rather, an album Bowie was making for Iggy to "come back". The Pop has said The Idiot was David's project, who produced it (with a bunch of help from Visconti, I'm sure, the way Mick Ronson handled a lot of the work on Transformer); all songs are credited to both of them ("Sister Midnight" also to Carlos Alomar), Bowie played keyboards on the respective tour (making sure to stay in the background), and I do believe the Thin White Duke really thought Iggy had a shot at commercial success with that record.

You're right but they were both in Berlin to get clean and, regardless of Bowie's (and perhaps even Iggy's) original intentions for the album, as the recording sessions evolved it evidently became far more a reflection of their own quite insular situation, as well as obviously their fascination with Berlin itself - Bowie's in particular. The weirdest thing is that it was a commercial success (in the UK anyway) but I do get the feeling that by the time they'd finished it they'd done all they could (albeit unintentionally) to kill its chart potential stone dead.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|