View Single Post
Old 10.13.2016, 02:32 PM   #1170
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
@ suchfriends - your reply is quite extensive and my lunch just ended, and i have to get back to work, but yes to the (partially) self-inflicted part, voting against their interests and not pursuing education, etc.

Definitely check out that recent Frontline, very very insightful perspective particularly in the Trump campaign because we all know a lot more about Hillary's history since she has been in the public eye for many decades now.

Quote:
sounds like the basic argument of "hilbilly elegy" which i've seen reviewed everywhere.

politicians however have part of the responsibility here. the educational opportunities aren't there or are too costly, or are left to the "free market" of for-profit universities that prey on the misguided, the health care system is a still a burden on businesses, unions were demolished, growing inequality and citizens united, etc.

Many times the educational opportunities ARE there just not pursued hence the scapegoating. Those "for profit" predatory colleges usually fleece poor minorities and urban dwellers not the declining middle aged white male. I find it especially ironic considering many of these white nationalists ideologically support "pulling one's self up by the boot straps" approach meanwhile actually DO NOT do enough to pull themselves up by their own initiatives.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|