Thread: trip albums
View Single Post
Old 09.22.2009, 08:29 PM   #17
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
[err hmm] just guessing:

1. Sonic Youth - Experimental Jet Set, Trash, No Star
2. Yes - Fragile
3. Beck - Midnight Vultures or Odelay
4. Primus - Tales from the Punchbowl
5. Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey - Winterwood or Lil Tae Rides Again
6. David Holmes (composer) - random, try Oceans Twelve soundtrack
7. Allman Bros. Band - album or live recordings
8. Danny Elfman (composer) - random scores, try Pee Wee's Big Adventure

.... in general, I wouldn't recommend "angry" and even really "dark" music. Even if you listen to that otherwise. I'd recommend more playful and even upbeat. It doesn't have to be heavy and intense to begin with, it will be eventually anyways. It doesn't have to be wild or zany to begin with either.... it will be when the fog rolls in. The last thing you want when your mind starts melting, is to listen to sh!t that hardly makes sense to begin with. Something familiar and something that can be appreciated is the way to go. Kinda goes without saying a ton of music from the late 60's - 70's is very appropriate while tripping, go figure, most of them where when writing. Acid is no joke. Use sparingly!

I've never tried playing video games while tripping before. I don't imagine it lasting very long.
FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|