View Single Post
Old 05.13.2007, 09:32 AM   #26
Kanamori Happy
little trouble girl

Kanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Robinson
Kanamori- It'd be great if you could ever interview your sister about it, especially since she was so hysterical about the incident. Also, was there any frame of reference (I know this was over 10 years ag) that your mom and sister had when they were viewing the flying triangle? Such as passing behind trees or in relation to other buildings in close proximity?

My sister's version of the UFO sighting.

On Friday 27 April, I finally got to interview my sister about the UFO she and our mom saw in - she thinks - 1999. We also did a reconstruction with a car.

My sister thinks it was at around 16.30 h. when she and our mom arrived at our street in the car. It was dark already, it was winter, probably January or February. The sky was clear. My mom had picked her up from school, after a school play rehearsal. My sis must have been 16, close to 17 at the time, mom 44.

They were chatting in the car. When they turned the corner of our street, my sister immediately noticed that "something was not right". "What is that?" she said. To the right of the road, above some trees, at 10 meter height or so, she saw three bright yellow lights, seemingly about 30 cm in diameter, that formed a scalene triangle. (see drawing) The distance between the lights she estimates at 10m. She didn't see solid material between the lights. Interestingly, the lights were in a vertical plane to the ground, or that is how she saw them.

Tension came "like whoof", when they knew these lights were extraordinary, that what they were seeing was probably a UFO. She had a bad feeling about this. She remembered episodes of the X-files.

Someone lowered a car window. No sound came from the lights and this scared my sister. She can't remember for sure whether they hung still or moved very slowly. She thinks they started moving in the same direction as the car as they approached them.

Our mom was "mesmerized" by them and she wanted to follow them. The UFO, we can say, appeared to distance itself from the car. Fear got the better of my sis and she tried to stop the car by pulling the wheel. My mom stopped the car. The lights went away fairly rapidly. The car travelled an estimated 600 m during the sighting and passed our house.

Our mom and sister came home and told us about what they had seen. I don't remember them being very excited, a bit perplex, perhaps. The next day, my sister also told her friends in school. She got ridiculed. "do you believe in aliens, or what" Her class mates had little interest in her story.
I asked her what she thinks they had seen, about 8 years ago. "An American spy plane", she guessed.

Even years after the sighting, she still feared that something similar would show up in the skies again, when she was in open space.

-------

I asked my sister to make a drawing of the UFO.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/231/4...d4351c.jpg?v=0
larger size: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...6164839&size=o

For what it's worth, here's a picture of our street.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/200/4...102899.jpg?v=0
larger size: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...5848972&size=o

On a side note.
In Leuven in the late 1980s I saw a very unusual looking airplane flying over our Neighbourhoud. I had sort of an Aha-Erlebnis some years later when I saw television footage of F-117 Nighthawks during the Gulf War.
Kanamori Happy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|