View Single Post
Old 07.21.2017, 07:17 PM   #156
gogologogolo
little trouble girl

gogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I think it's a soundtrack to a short film that was made *about* the recording of the songs, but I might be wrong. If so, I guess I don't really count that as a soundtrack album. But I'm excited to hear it.

Also, if you're having trouble finding electronic albums to hold your attention this year, might I suggest Visible Cloaks? Their new album Reassemblage is really one of the best things I've heard all year.

Also, Jlin's Black Origami, but being a footwork affair, it does have some redundancy to it. Still, mighty powerful album. I think she might be from the future.

And finally, I was ready to be disappointed by Botany's newest album RAW LIGHT II, thinking it would be a remix EP of songs from Dimming Awe, the Light is Raw. But in fact it's actually a really goddamn swell little album, with more high points than perhaps any album since the excellent Lava Diviner: Truestory in 2013.

Just throwing those out there in case you're interested in re-evaluating your 2017 electro-shit. Some good stuff out there. Not to mention Burial's "Subtemples" single, which is his strongest effort in a while.

I heard the Reassemblage album before, but after a couple re-listens I think that I'm coming back around to it. Really cool textures on that one
gogologogolo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|