View Single Post
Old 07.04.2017, 08:32 PM   #154
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Fuck. Fuck. I'm reviewing the set and I feel like it's total bollocks crap. Maybe it's just the nerves talking though. I don't know.

You can't review your own stuff man.

I mean, I know you're not talking about that kind of reviewing. I imagine you are going over the recordings and checking for quality.

But still, you should turn that critical part of your brain off and focus on the mix and or the sound levels (or the video quality, or whatever it is you're reviewing) and not, "Does this sound like good music?"

In the newsroom, it's a rule. I've been doing a lot more copy-editing lately, and it turns out I'm quite good at it. But... if I write something, I'm literally not allowed to copy-edit that shit. Someone else has to. And I wouldn't want to -- story would suffer.

Get the product, whatever it is, ready for viewing/listening, and then let some friends tell you what they think (I can think of a couple ). We'll tell you if, somehow, you missed your mark, and we'll do it knowing damn well how solid your sets can be.

But for now, just get that stuff together and don't worry about whether it was your best set ever or not.

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|