View Single Post
Old 02.22.2009, 05:11 PM   #84
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
So what's the fucking message for all those out there that want to express themselves, and 'create'? ...

Practice makes perfect, practice your instrument or your painting style - but you might aswell quit at the first hurdle, the first difficultly you come across, because it just means your not talented. No point carrying on further to see if you get better at it, because if you're not gifted, the more you work at it the more time you waste. Give up. Give up now. Only certain people can create. Nobody knows who these people are, everyone thinks they're someone different. But just give up.

What IS NOT pig-headed about that?
But that's the problem pork alluded to. Why sit around trying to break new ground for its own sake? I do think some people lack talent--I often fear that I'm one of them. It sucks, etc. But that's not the point of art. You don't need to succeed to get anything out of trying. And as you said (sarcastically, I know): Nobody knows who's talented until they tap into that talent (and that often requires years and years of work anyway; not everyone who is talented is immediately talented). So everyone should keep trying because you might be talented, and if not, it was a fun ride. That's how life works.

What I'm saying is, everyone should want to succeed and try to succeed in whatever they want, but there can be no shame in failure if you're trying. It's all about the process and the hope, because until your dying day you can't know your potential. And even then, your potential might not be recognized until you're dead. So always keep trying.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|