View Single Post
Old 05.15.2020, 11:36 PM   #1
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Ever have a song make such an impression on you that not only do you remember the moment you first heard it perfectly, but you nearly relive that moment every time you hear it again? For me, that song is Sonic Youth's "Hyperstation". I mean, Daydream Nation as a whole blew me away the first time I heard it, but on that song is where it all came together, like revelation...I had never heard music that sounded like that before, discordant yet melodic on a level far beyond anything I'd ever known. It gave me mental visions of towering, monolithic shapes creating forms from void. And to this day, that moment of revelation comes back to me each time I hear it.

What song does that for you?