View Single Post
Old 09.29.2009, 04:02 PM   #31
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
what im saying is that what we choose to research/focus our studies has complete cultural bearing.

and that we never really know the whole truths of what we are talking on. scientific discourse emphasizes what is important to culture at that time.

yah dig?

only sometimes. there are various avenues to fgo to for research funding. not all of it is govcernment based. much is from private funds and trusts and foundations set up to donate money for research. besides, for much of science, the research and experiments can be done with a minimum of money. if a scientists wants to research ufo's he will do so whether or not there is grant money (which there ussually is not)

I think scientific discourse emphasizes what is improtant to a culture at a given time ONLY if that culture is scientifically intelligent. the current US culture is most definitely NOT sci4entifcally intelligent. too many people canot tell you if the Earth rotates around the sun, much less what quantum mechanics is doing to bring us super computers.

asking for the "whole truth" is a pipe dream. the whole truth is always unknowable for as any question is answered ten new ones spring right up. if our universe is infinite, then information is infinite and asking to know it all is moot.