View Single Post
Old 06.14.2019, 11:53 PM   #331
SonicSleuth
little trouble girl

SonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Just to prove I don't know anything:

1.- Today I got the Shepherd In A Sheepskin Vest files from Bandcamp and the credits (a full-artwork/lyrics/etc. pdf is included) read, "hanly banks callahan: backing vocals on lonesome valley". Guy married the director of the Bill Callahan Tour Film I've been babbling about and I had zero idea. Here's a cool interview with Hanly from 2013:

In Search Of Bill Callahan: Hanly Banks tells us how she made a film about one of music’s shyest stars

2.- Also below my radar: his own Live At Third Man Records vinyl came out seven months ago and I JUST found out. Why don't you people tell me anything? God-damn!

Funny, just within the last hour, I've also learned from reading a review of the album that he is married to the director of his tour film, which, and please don't be too disparaging in reply, I still haven't watched since you last mentioned it. Like a vintage wine, I suppose, I'm saving it for an occasion, perhaps the eve of his performance on July 13. Life is ridiculous right now, and I can't find a suitable moment to soak it in. I have been able to stream the new album, however, and I'm waiting for my copy to arrive. I got the Third Man live album, having heard about it from Pitchfork or some such site. Thanks for the interview link, good read. I agree with her: one need not film a person eating Indian Food for dinner.

Saw Courtney Barnett this past Tuesday, as an opening band, but as the band that I had really paid to see. She, they, were awesome.
SonicSleuth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|