View Single Post
Old 06.21.2017, 07:37 PM   #4
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I've never really been into band shirts. I always felt really stupid wearing them. Like I was announcing something to the world, or inviting a conversation. I wasn't. So I stopped.

I have a few SY shirts that I've lost track of because I just never really wanted to wear them.

I DID have this badass Tarantula Hawk shirt that I wore for a while when I was living in the northwest. I made an exception for that one because A) it was comfy as fuck, and B) even when I was surrounded by scenesters and self-important gutter punks, I could confidently know that nobody around me had any fucking idea who Tarantula Hawk was. So it invited no conversation, and nobody thought I was trying to announce my hipness to the world.

I have nothing against band shirts, but like I said, I just don't feel very comfortable in them. I have a really understated Aphex Twin shirt with just the logo(see my avatar), in a small black on white graphic, and I wear that from time to time. But that's about where I draw the line.

Also, they're impractical as hell. I can't wear them to work, so why have them if I have to explicitly NOT wear them like 80% of the time?

Now, if there was a line of tasteful casual office wear that doubles as band merch... I'd be down. Minutemen or Black Flag logo on the pocket of an Oxford button-down instead of some douche playing polo or an alligator. That would be cool as hell.

When a I go to concerts I wear plain shit. Jeans, tennis shoes, plain white t with worn out solid button-up (black, blue, gray) and a plain hoodie in case I get cold. I don't like being conspicuous, and I don't like it when people look at me. And Symbols is right about most "music fans." They're just pricks, a lot of them. I've seen many (probably) innocent enough people get called out at a show for wearing a band shirt that was out of place. Fuck that. Scenesters are like vampires. They'll just feed on your energy all night and you'll feel like a shit.

Nobody can really say shit to me about my jeans and button down. Come at me yo!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|