View Single Post
Old 04.08.2012, 08:44 PM   #32
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
American Gangster > any Nas album from the 00's.

such a great atmosphere in that record. it's the one album i wish i was there in the studio while it was being recorded.
seems like Nas' upcoming album Life Is Good is gonna be his American Gangster.
i see God's Son as Nas' Blueprint - his most personal and intimate listen.
their careers are very similar when you come down to think about it.

they say you are either a Beatles or a Stones person.. then in the eighties it was Prince or MJ.
i think Jay & Nas will go down as the Prince & MJ of our era.

The brilliance of American Gangster is he recorded it to minimal background tracks. And then sent those tracks off and had a bunch of actual musicians add guitars, horns, etc to make the shit sound soulful. It's just so fucking good in an organic way. I love it.

I agree about the Nas/Jay thing. You can like em both, but ther'es one you love. For me it's Jay. I still keep up on Nas, but I don't get excited the same way.