View Single Post
Old 09.22.2019, 09:51 PM   #306
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
I gave the first two tracks another listen straight through. I hear it now, it does have some interesting change ups. Still, it doesn't do anything for me. I don't like a lot of hip hop in general. I LOVE Tierra Whack and Themselves. The Yugen Blackrock album this year was interesting for its heady lyrics, but I only listened to it a few times. The Dis Fantasy EP this year is pretty good. Then I like some classics. Public Enemy's It Takes... is one of the best albums ever by any standard.

Check out the Billy Woods album “Hiding Places” from this year. Sharp, good songwriting, intense — that one really is reminiscent of some NYC ‘90s hip-hop styles.

Little SIMZ has a surprisingly good debut. Tyler the Creator made a really strong dark-synth heavy soul-rap-dance hybrid album that is his first actual great release. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib released Bandana, which is good, though not great.

Other good shit too. Slauson Malone’s “A Quiet Farwell (sic): Twenty sixteen to twenty eighteen” is one of the best albums of the year. ... Made by Winston Marsalis’ son, who happens to be a really good abstract hip-hop producer with jazz fragments floating all over the place. Dreamy and spooky and surreal.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|