View Single Post
Old 05.15.2008, 04:12 PM   #13
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm totally there with the Alpertism.

I was working somewhere in London when I was about 22 or so. There was a chap in his mid-30s, of Welsh providence. We went out for pints a few times. One time, he insisted on playing me some Alpert. He said, at the time, that in every musically-inclined person's life they really should learn to love the Alpert. I poo-pooed it at the time, thinking 'well, that's the same guff I hear from pub bores about the Doors/ Dylan and the like'. For some reason, however, his words stuck with me, and they came ringing back to me on miserable afternoon in a charity shop in arseendofnowheresville, Somerset, and I happened upon a Herb LP. '£1', I thought, 'might as well give it a bash'. And by God was that Welshman right. I thank you, Welshman I lost contact with a million years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|