View Single Post
Old 08.25.2008, 04:02 PM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
chords are sets of 3-5 notes that all together resonate in one specific note. (barre chords/power chords, employ just the "bottom" and the "top" notes in a chord, and are very easy to use which is why most punk bands employ just barre chords.)

you can have 5 notes that when played together form a C, or a C# (sharp)

most rock music has three to four chords as the main basis for the song.

let's say a song starts in G, the guitarist strums the G chord 4 times, then he switches to a C chord. your ears can tell the difference, and the "change" is how he gets to that new chord.

real simple songs just go from chord to chord, a la ramones, and the most basic rock songs employ TWO chords only. trhink of some of the more basic misfits tunes.

more complex songs have a "bridge" between chords, a sequence of notes that gets you to the new chord, creating a nice emotional change in the listener. a great bridge can serve as the HOOK in a song or it can lead into the chorus hook.

it sounds more complex than it is, but it is just terminology

help me out people!