View Single Post
Old 02.16.2017, 07:58 PM   #171
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I tell my friends who dont understand why I listen to this stuff, that the key is to have a boomin system. It si the same with metal music. The better the system the more you can hear all the pummeling. With Future's and all these rappers guys stuff, the bassline is HYPERcritical. Until you hear it on a good system, or in a car with good subwoofers, you will not understand.

It is night and day. Hearing some of these tracks on a TV or youtube without a good speaker makes you only hear the treble bits, and so the tracks sound repetitive, but if you can truly hear the magic these producers make with the bass lines, the full effect is achieved.

I'll take this under advisement. Seems like a fair enough point. I don't have a great sound setup. I have some good headphones, and some old badass speakers hooked up to my turntable, but I've never listened to Future in this environment. So I'll give it a shot.

But I have to say.... Kanye sounds bigger and better than life no matter what. You could be listening to "Power" through a tin can on a string and it would sound like the motherfucking apocalypse.

Maybe ... MAYBE if Frank Ocean or Kendrick makes nothing but classics for the next decade, experimenting with different styles each times with the same mind blowing results, MAYBE... one of those cats will have it on Kanye. I welcome that, man. Bring it! I'm all about good music.

But Future is not ever going to be comparable to Kanye. Except for the fact that he was obviously extremely influenced by 808s & Heartbreak. Future's just a dude making sounds with his mouth. Can not compete.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|