View Single Post
Old 01.10.2016, 02:49 PM   #6604
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Loaded was my last (we're not counting Squeeze- it's not a VU album, and I'm sure you agree), which is strange because it's actually the first one I heard about. I read somewhere that it was their best album... Can't remember where now. This was in an entirely different era, where reading still involved paper.

Anyway, I tried it out after hearing the first two, but almost immediately dismissed it's not being "real" Velvet Underground because there was no Cage, and it sounded nothing like VU & Nico or White Light.

For a long time I stayed away from third and Loaded. It was hearing "After hours" in the right place at the perfect time that made me change my mind. I revisited the albums and fell in love with them, though not as immediately as I had with the first two.

I didn't actually purchase Loaded until I owned everything else including comps that was out at the time, but now it's me of my favorite records. Still obviously not as perfect as the first two, but each of those four records holds a spell on me. If I put them on, I can't turn them off. They hypnotize me, each record in its own unique way.
I agree about the magic of all four albums (also really want to add V.U & Another View, specially V.U. is really coherent whole as it really is their "lost fourth album". I bought third album after those first two and even I wasnīt as impressed it as those two, I really liked it immediately. There is just so much innocence itīs hard not to like it. Also Loaded has been me their last vinyl, even it was their first album I heard and I recorded it into cassette I still have. Bought that vinyl last autumn (it was re-release with original cover).
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|