View Single Post
Old 09.07.2009, 07:49 PM   #117
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
I agree with what you wrote here about the dif between feminists and feminazis. Like you said, feminazis are closed minded and don't critically engage w/ the issues at hand.

However, it is also important to remember that abortion is not necessarily secured. It's legality is constantly at risk and it's important that people continue to advocate for it. I personally believe that abortion needs to be legal in all cases just in case. I don't think that it should necessarily be advocated but it is essential that it remains at option. What happens if a young girl is raped by her father and needs to get an abortion? Asking for parental consent might result in some extreme abuse. Unfortunately, cases like those are far too common.
As I said, the law was not parental consent, it was adult consent. it literally could have been someone off the street, but it had to be an adult, and an adult has a bit more sense in their head then a young girl, and if by your scenario, one who just endured a traumatic experience and is most definitely not in her 'right mind'

abortion is not threatened, its too hot an issue. it will be here to stay I assure you. when I say restrict, I am saying adult (not necessarily parental) consent for minors and a 48 waiting period for adults. ALL abortions are a SERIOUS surgical procedure and people should sleep on it.

but I this is not an abortion thread, I just happen to feel strongly about the issue. I do not feel it should be a right, but since people have made it one I am not for being the one to say take it away, however for public health there should be certain restrictions. For example you have the right to bear arms, but not necessarily under any and every circumstance, just like you have the right to free speech, but not to incite threats or slander, seen? Just because you have a fundamentally insured right, does not make it a completely unlimited right, and just because there are restrictions on a right for public health and safety (like gun control for example) does not invalidate or threaten the right in general.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|