View Single Post
Old 05.02.2011, 12:22 PM   #26673
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
quick question. The Martian Chronicles by Bradbury is a collection of short stories right or not?

Yes, but they are sort of interrelated so they can read like a loosely organized small novel. They are indeed individual short stories, many published decades apart, but they are compiled together with a bit of continuity. I adore Bradbury, but I must admit it gets a bit redundant after a while. In fact, that's precisely what makes short stories so nice, you can enjoy what you like most about many authors without having to inevitably deal with what you don't like.

My Bradbury quote written on my wall (yes, literally), "It was enough just to be able to create this place, to be able to say I did it. To say I nurtured a medieval atmosphere in a modern, incredulous world." ( 'April 2005: Usher II')

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|