View Single Post
Old 03.19.2007, 04:56 PM   #6
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
Don't know how it got into the list of "no wave" records, but the 7" by Conceputol is good fun novelty new wave. "Bulk Fiber" is indeed ultra-nerdy. I recited lyrics of that song to my roommate every now and then. He's got all kindsa weird things in his diet because of protein malabsorption problems, so even some of the more obscure dietetic references in "Bulk Fiber" are fairly well-understood at my house.

Been a fan of the record since hearing it on KDVS as a kid, then finding it years later when I made it my mission to listen to every single 70's/80's punk/new-wave/DIY artifact in the expansive 7" vinyl collection there. I wrote a review of it about five years ago which seems to have disappeared from most search engines.

If you are a fan of this one, I recommend you find the only 7" ever by a band called Observers Observing Observables.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|