Thread: Low-"C'mon"
View Single Post
Old 03.20.2012, 08:18 PM   #121
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
What the hey? I thought I was on time to catch the live stream of Retribution Gospel Choir at The Current, but it turns out it is already archived. They performed "Feel It, Superior", "Maharisha", "The Stone/Revolution", and "Take Your Time". You can listen to the .mp3 here:

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...pelchoir-live/

Anyone has any idea how to rip that .mp3? I can see it's a rtmpe link, but my StreamTransport crashes when trying to grab it. Can't remember how I snagged the other Low/Retribution Gospel Choir stuff The Current have other there.

Anyway, this is the most recent Sub Pop e-mail:

Hello there, Retribution Gospel Choir email list member,

We are, it’s fair to concede, coming to you with what some, less imaginative, record companies might consider a “difficult” sales pitch. We have a new 7” Retribution Gospel Choir EP called the revolution EPcoming out March 27th, and you are probably already aware of this, because we already GAVE YOU the entire thing via MP3 for free. Which is to say, you already “own” the thing we’re trying to sell you, and we didn’t even charge you for it. It is unclear how we remain in business. However, you may have noticed the quotes surrounding the word “own” above. While you already have the invisible, weightless, magical digital files comprising the revolution ep, you don’t YET own the EP in its intended 7” vinyl, handsome-artwork-having format. On March 27th, you will have the opportunity to own the physical manifestation of this EP you already know to be great. And, you have the opportunity to pre-order this thing now. Relatedly, we are sale pricing RGC’s 2010 masterpiece 2. If you don’t have that on CD or LP yet, now’s the time.
Plus, Retribution Gospel Choir on tour!
Apr 04The Harley Hotel & Bar, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Apr 05Old Blue Last, London, United Kingdom
Apr 07First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN
Apr 27Union Pool, Brooklyn, NY
Apr 28Red Palace, Washington , DC
Apr 30Basement (TN), Nashville, TN
May 01Hi-Tone, Memphis, TN
May 02Bishop Bar (IN), Bloomington, IN
May 03Schuba’s, Chicago, IL

Retribution Gospel Choir on Facebook
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|