View Single Post
Old 09.01.2007, 02:02 AM   #2
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I know Sonic Youth is considered an EP, but I can't possibly think of Confusion Is Sex as their first album. The self-titled record was very much a statement of intent, though Confusion is clearly a second one. The group has been reconciling the two ever since, which has created a dynamic I truly love.

I can't break Confusion is Sex up into separate song impressions. I can't even reassess under any circumstance. I just have to look at this record or hear a single note from it, and I'm transposed back to my suburban bedroom in '84 or '85 when my 17 or 18 year old self was flipping the radio dial around and came upon a college station for the first time at the tail end of "She's in a Bad Mood". Nothing was ever the same again after that.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|